This year’s Midsummer Rite will be June 18th, 2022.
- 1:00 PM Ritual Team begins to arrive.
- 3:00 PM: Doors open for guests.
- 4:00 PM: Pot luck picnic feast & cookout
- 5:45 PM: Zoom room opens.
- Pre-ritual brief 6:15 PM
- Ritual start: 7:00 PM
- 10:00 PM Doors close to the public
- Cost: $20.00 suggested donation
NOTE: Current COVID requirements at Cedarlight Center are as follows: all in person attendees must be fully vaccinated or provide proof of a negative Covid-19 test no more than 72 hours old. Masks are optional inside and out. All are welcome to join us via Zoom.
Meeting ID: 468 067 1478
Lore of the Season & Ritual Information
Prayer: Receiving the Torch of Legacy
Deities of the Occasion: Prometheus & Athena
What to Bring
Please bring a dish that can serve 6-8 people. ** Please label ingredients for those with food allergies**
Suggested Seasonal Food:
- Mediterranean dishes
- Hummus & pita, fresh cheeses, olives
- Seasonal fruits and vegetables, such as cherries, berries, green beans, and peas
- Picnic dishes and food for grilling There are cans of sodas available at the Grove for $1.00 each. There is filtered water available from the sink in the Grove Space kitchen. Feel free to contribute beverages to the Grove!
The High Rite will take place outdoors in the sanctuary, weather permitting. It will likely be very hot and sunny, so please bring sunscreen and bug spray as necessary. If you have a chair you’d like to sit in during the High Rite, we suggest bringing that too.
Children and Pets
Children are welcome to all CedarLight events, but small children must be attended at all times. We do not yet have children’s activities planned for this event.
Legitimate Service Animals are allowed. Pets however, are not. Thank you for understanding.
- Wine, olive oil, alcohol
- Incense, Flowers, & Herbs
- Poetry, songs, bardic works (Note: please notify ritual team before the rite begins)
Ritual team and attendees are encouraged to wear appropriate ritual garb if they wish. Hellenic period garb and ritual robes are encouraged, as well as floral garlands and greenery.
PLEASE NOTE: We take oaths very seriously. Any oaths given as an offering MUST be cleared with the Senior Druid prior to the High Rite. Please see Sean-Paul upon arrival if you plan on giving an oath.
- Do not honor deities of different pantheons than those being honored at this rite
- PLEASE KEEP YOURSELF MUTED ON ZOOM unless you are giving an individual invocation as part of the liturgy or performing a praise offering. Group call and responses should remain muted unless otherwise requested by the Chief Liturgist. Attendees who continually disrupt the ritual with background noise because they are unmuted will be removed from the Zoom room.
- Offerings will be mainly given in silence as a group, but if you have something you wish to say, sing, or recite, let the Chief Liturgist know ahead of time so they can make time for your offering
- Do not declare any oaths during the rite without expressed permission from the Chief Liturgist well before the rite
If participants wish to hang out after the rite, the Zoom room will remain open for socializing. Feel free to bring dinner and make it a virtual potluck! We won’t even nag you about washing the dishes!
All CedarLight events have a suggested donation of $20 per person. This can be contributed to Dagda’s Cauldron either at the Grove, or online via paypal to email@example.com. All donations go towards CedarLight Center bills and upkeep.