This year’s Fall Harvest Rite will be September 16th, 2023.
- 2:30 PM: Guests may arrive at CedarLight Center
- 3:15 PM: Zoom room will open and link will be posted
- 3:30 PM: Pre-ritual briefing will begin
- 4:30 PM: Harvest Home ritual begins
- 6:00 PM: Harvest feast in the pavilion
- 9:00 PM: Doors close
- Cost: $20.00 suggested donation
CedarLight Grove complies with all Baltimore City and state of Maryland rules for COVID-19. Masks are optional. The rite is open to the public, however, we are still requiring all persons attending events at the grove to be fully vaccinated or have a current negative test result.
Meeting ID: 468 067 1478
Lore of the Season & Ritual Information
What to Bring
The ritual feast will be potluck. Roast turkey and ham will be served, please bring a Thanksgiving side dish to share. Family recipes are encouraged! ** Please label dishes with ingredients out of respect for those with dietary restrictions. Index cards are provided.** Alcohol, in moderation, is permitted.
Cans of sodas and bottled water are available at the Grove for $1.00 each. Feel free to contribute beverages to the Grove!
The ritual will take place outdoors in the sanctuary, weather permitting. Garb is welcome and encouraged!
Children and Pets
Children are welcome to all CedarLight events. CedarLight Center is not child proof, and small children must be attended at all times. Service animals are welcome, however, pets are not allowed. Thank you for understanding.
- Seasonal foods, such as homemade bread, baked goods, apples, corn, and grain
- Flowers, herbs, fruits and vegetables from your garden
- Incense, especially juniper, mugwort, and amber
- Libations of mead, beer, etc.
- Crafts, especially of the fiber arts
- Bardic works, poetry, songs (please see the Senior Druid or Chief Liturgists prior to the ritual if you will be performing a bardic offering)
Fundraisers: We will be collecting monetary donations for the Maryland Food Bank.
PLEASE NOTE: We take oaths very seriously. Please do not make any oaths during the rite or offer pledges for future service.
- Do not honor deities of different pantheons than those being honored at this rite.
- PLEASE KEEP YOURSELF MUTED ON ZOOM Zoom attendees may make offerings at their home but will not be broadcast into the ritual space. Attendees who continually disrupt the ritual with background noise because they are unmuted will be removed from the Zoom room.
- No cell phone or earbud use in the sanctuary. Smartphones and tablets may be used for reciting offerings only. Please keep all devices muted.
- If you have a bardic offering, please tell the Chief Liturgist prior to the rite.
- Do not declare any oaths during the rite.
If participants wish to hang out after the rite, the Zoom room will remain open for socializing. Feel free to bring dinner and make it a virtual potluck! We won’t even nag you about washing the dishes!
All CedarLight events have a suggested donation of $20 per person. This can be contributed to Dagda’s Cauldron either at the Grove, or online via paypal to email@example.com. All donations go towards CedarLight Center bills and upkeep.