This year’s Fall Equinox Rite will be September 17th, 2022.
- 3:00 PM: Ritual team may arrive at CedarLight Center
- 4:00PM: Guests may arrive at Grove, Feast Begins
- 5:30 PM: Zoom room will open and link will be posted
- 6:00 PM: Pre-ritual brief
- 7:00 PM: Harvest Home ritual begins
- Cost: $10.00 suggested donation
We are still complying with all Baltimore City and state of Maryland rules for COVID-19. Right now, that means full masking indoors. There may be limited space available for folks not on the ritual team to celebrate with us at CedarLight Center. Please email email@example.com if you’d like to inquire about the possibility of reserving a space. The members of the grove have voted to require all persons attending events at the grove to be fully vaccinated for the safety of all present. If you don’t want to flash your card, you can send me, Caryn MacLuan Senior Druid at firstname.lastname@example.org and I will check you off on our spreadsheet. None of these files will be saved other than the tracking spreadsheet.
Meeting ID: 468 067 1478
Lore of the Season & Ritual Information
Prayer: Joy, Frith, Thanksgiving
Deities of the Occasion
What to Bring
Other than what was discussed above, you may want snacks and something to drink with the folk after the rite. ** We have folks with severe allergies and food sensitivities so a list the ingredients if available is much appreciated.**
Suggested Seasonal Food:
- Stews and Soups
- Fall Harvest related dishes
- Anything Seasonal! Apples!
There are cans of sodas and bottled water available at the Grove for $1.00 each. Feel free to contribute beverages to the Grove!
Dress for the Weather if you are joining us from an outside location. The High Rite will be done outdoors, and it may be chilly. So be prepared and bring some warm clothes. If you have a chair you’d like to sit in during the High Rites, we suggest bringing that too.
Children and Pets
Children are welcome to all CedarLight events, but small children must be attended at all times because our center is not child proof, there are stairs, fires, candles and small items that could be swallowed. We do not yet have children activities planned for this event however that can change if we know they are coming.
Pets however, are not allowed because we have learned from past mistakes that not everyone knows how to approach an animal and not every animal will behave predictably with many strangers around. Thank you for understanding.
- Donations to local food banks
- Baked cookies, biscuits, or cakes
- Flowers, wheat stalks, apples, corn
- Libations (mead, beer, etc.)
- Apple, peach, pumpkin, and game meat dishes
- Performance offerings (see Aurora or Eric G. for approval)
- Acts of community-building, thanksgiving, and frith (we will fill out thank you cards – see below)
- Donations to our Earth Friendly fundraisers
- Bardic works you have created (please let the ritual team know ahead of time so they can slot you in)
- Thank you cards to the folk
For the main offering, please write a thank you to someone in the Grove for something they have done to maintain CLG, build frith, etc. You may write as many as you like. These cards should be anonymous (do not include your name, but DO include the name of the person being thanked). Three people will read out all the cards to the group and the physical cards will be burnt as part of the prayer of sacrifice.
Fundraisers: We are still collecting funds to plant trees, support the American Chestnut foundation, and to seed the Chesapeake Bay with baby oysters. We encourage folks to donate items or money to local food banks. So many are struggling with hunger during these uncertain times (don’t forget the pets at the animal shelters!)
PLEASE NOTE: We take oaths very seriously. Any oaths given as an offering MUST be cleared with the Senior Druid prior to the High Rite. Please see Caryn upon arrival if you plan on giving an oath.
- Do not honor deities of different pantheons than those being honored at this rite
- PLEASE KEEP YOURSELF MUTED ON ZOOM unless you are giving an individual invocation as part of the liturgy or performing a praise offering. Group call and responses should remain muted unless otherwise requested by the Chief Liturgist. Attendees who continually disrupt the ritual with background noise because they are unmuted will be removed from the Zoom room.
- Offerings will be mainly given in silence as a group, but if you have something you wish to say, sing, or recite, let the Chief Liturgist know ahead of time so they can make time for your offering
- Do not declare any oaths during the rite without expressed permission from the Chief Liturgist well before the rite
- During our Imbolc Rite, the members of CedarLight who wish to dedicate or rededicate themselves to Brigid will have the ability to make an oath to Her. This is optional for those who are interested.
If participants wish to hang out after the rite, the Zoom room will remain open for socializing. Feel free to bring dinner and make it a virtual potluck! We won’t even nag you about washing the dishes!
All CedarLight events have a suggested donation of $10 per person. This can be contributed to Dagda’s Cauldron either at the Grove, or online via paypal to email@example.com. All donations go towards CedarLight Center bills and upkeep.