This year’s Imbolc Rite will be February 5th, 2022.
- 4:30 PM: Zoom room opens.
- 5:00 PM: Pre-ritual briefing.
- 5:30 PM: Imbolc Rite.
- Cost: $10.00 suggested donation
NOTE: Due to COVID regulations, Cedarlight Center will only be open to a pre-determined skeleton crew of ritual team participants. All are welcome to join us via Zoom.
Meeting ID: 468 067 1478
Lore of the Season & Ritual Information
Deities of the Occasion
- Dazbog the Sun god
Our hearth culture will be Slavic.
Children and Pets
Children are welcome to all CedarLight events, but small children must be attended at all times because our center is not child proof, there are stairs, fires, candles and small items that could be swallowed. We do not yet have children activities planned for this event however that can change if we know they are coming.
Pets however, are not allowed because we have learned from past mistakes that not everyone knows how to approach an animal and not every animal will behave predictably with many strangers around. Thank you for understanding.
- Alcohol (high proof alcohol can be offered directly to your home hearth fire)
- Incense, Flowers, & Herbs
- Bring a candle (decorated, if you wish) to be blessed and taken home
PLEASE NOTE: We take oaths very seriously. Any oaths given as an offering MUST be cleared with the Senior Druid prior to the High Rite. Please see Caryn upon arrival if you plan on giving an oath.
What to Bring
Other than what was discussed above, you may want snacks and something to drink with the folk after the rite. ** We have folks with severe allergies and food sensitivities so a list the ingredients if available is much appreciated.**
Suggested Seasonal Food:
- Warm Stews and Foods to fight the cold
- Creamy Dishes
- Anything Seasonal!
There are cans of sodas and bottled water available at the Grove for $1.00 each. Feel free to contribute beverages to the Grove!
Dress for the Weather if you are joining us from an outside location. The High Rite will be done outdoors, and it may be chilly. So be prepared and bring some warm clothes. If you have a chair you’d like to sit in during the High Rites, we suggest bringing that too.
- Do not honor deities of different pantheons than those being honored at this rite
- PLEASE KEEP YOURSELF MUTED ON ZOOM unless you are giving an individual invocation as part of the liturgy or performing a praise offering. Group call and responses should remain muted unless otherwise requested by the Chief Liturgist. Attendees who continually disrupt the ritual with background noise because they are unmuted will be removed from the Zoom room.
- Offerings will be mainly given in silence as a group, but if you have something you wish to say, sing, or recite, let the Chief Liturgist know ahead of time so they can make time for your offering
- Do not declare any oaths during the rite without expressed permission from the Chief Liturgist well before the rite
- During our Imbolc Rite, the members of CedarLight who wish to dedicate or rededicate themselves to Brigid will have the ability to make an oath to Her. This is optional for those who are interested.
If participants wish to hang out after the rite, the Zoom room will remain open for socializing. Feel free to bring dinner and make it a virtual potluck! We won’t even nag you about washing the dishes!
All CedarLight events have a suggested donation of $10 per person. This can be contributed to Dagda’s Cauldron either at the Grove, or online via paypal to email@example.com. All donations go towards CedarLight Center bills and upkeep.