Ostara Rite will be March 19th, 2022 both on Zoom and at CedarLight Center.
- 1:00 PM: Zoom room opens.
- 1:30 PM: Pre-ritual briefing.
- 2:00 PM: Rites of Spring.
- Cost: $20.00 suggested donation
CedarLight Grove complies with all COVID-19 requirements of the State of Maryland and Baltimore City.
All members and guests must provide either a valid vaccine card as proof of vaccination status against Covid-19, or proof of a negative Covid-19 test no more than 72 hours old, in order to attend in-person events.
Masks are optional indoors.
Meeting ID: 468 067 1478
Lore of the Season & Ritual Information
Prayer: Blessing the Gardens
Deities of the Occasion
Pantheon: Old Germanic
Ostara: goddess of the dawn, of the year, spring
Ingwin: god of abundance and fertility
Woden: wisdom, magic, and runes as gatekeeper
Donar: thunderer, warrior, protector
Children and Pets
Children are welcome to all CedarLight events, but small children must be attended at all times because our center is not child proof, there are stairs, fires, candles and small items that could be swallowed. We do not yet have children activities planned for this event however that can change if we know they are coming.
Trained service animals are, of course, welcome.
Pets however, are not allowed because we have learned from past mistakes that not everyone knows how to approach an animal and not every animal will behave predictably with many strangers around. Thank you for understanding.
- Incense, flowers, & herbs
- Eggs (decorated)
- Seasonal foods
- Bardic works you have created (please let the ritual team know ahead of time so they can slot you in)
- Hand-crafted items
PLEASE NOTE: We take oaths very seriously. Any oaths given as an offering MUST be cleared with the Senior Druid prior to the High Rite. Please see Sean-Paul upon arrival if you plan on giving an oath.
What to Bring
Garden tools to be blessed, seeds, plants that you either plan to plant here (with prior permission) or take back home.
A dish that serves at least 6-8 people.
**We have folks with severe allergies and food sensitivities – please include a list of your dish’s ingredients.**
Suggested Seasonal Food:
- Warm dishes, crock pots are easy to bring and easy to take back home
- Eggs, egg dishes, roasted meat, lamb, salads, mushrooms, ramps, trout
- Please take any leftovers and your dishes and serving utensils home with you
There are cans of sodas and bottled water available at the Grove for $1.00 each. Feel free to contribute beverages to the Grove!
The High Rite will be held outdoors; please dress for the weather. If it rains, we will be under the pavilion.
- Do not honor deities of different pantheons than those being honored at this rite
- PLEASE KEEP YOURSELF MUTED ON ZOOM unless you are giving an individual invocation as part of the liturgy or performing a praise offering. Group call and responses should remain muted unless otherwise requested by the Chief Liturgist. Attendees who continually disrupt the ritual with background noise because they are unmuted will be removed from the Zoom room.
- Offerings will be mainly given in silence as a group, but if you have something you wish to say, sing, or recite, let the Chief Liturgist know ahead of time so they can make time for your offering
- Do not declare any oaths during the rite without expressed permission from the Chief Liturgist well before the rite
- Some rites include a regular renewal oath. This is optional for those who are interested, the text will be available beforehand.
If participants wish to hang out after the rite, the Zoom room will remain open for socializing. Feel free to bring dinner and make it a virtual potluck! We won’t even nag you about washing the dishes!
All CedarLight events have a suggested donation of $20 per person. This can be contributed to Dagda’s Cauldron either at the Grove, or online via paypal to firstname.lastname@example.org. All donations go towards CedarLight Center bills and upkeep.