This year’s Beltane Rite will be May 6, 2023.
- 12:00 PM Ritual Team begins to arrive.
- 3:00 PM: Doors open for guests.
- 6:00 PM: Zoom room opens.
- Pre-ritual brief 6:30 PM
- Ritual start: 7:30 PM
- 11:00 PM Doors close to the public
- Cost: $20.00 suggested donation
Times are subject to change, please check our website blog, our Event Calendar, or our Beltane Facebook event for the most up-to-date information on the ritual.
Times are subject to change, please check before you leave.
NOTE: We no longer require proof of COVID vaccination to attend events at CedarLight Center. Masks are optional inside and out. If you think you’ve been exposed to COVID or are feeling ill, please stay home. All are welcome to join us via Zoom.
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 468 067 1478
Lore of the Season & Ritual Information
Prayer: Frolic & Fun in the Flowers
Deities of the Occasion: The Spirits of CedarLight Grove
What to Bring
Please bring a dish that can serve 6-8 people. PLEASE TAKE YOUR LEFTOVERS HOME!
** Please label ingredients for those with food allergies**
Suggested Seasonal Food:
- Anything with strawberries or early summer fruits
- Green salads, pasta salads, egg salads, etc
- Irish soda bread, Irish cheese (or any fresh dairy products)
- Kebabs, soups, seasonal vegetable side dishes
- There are cans of sodas available at the Grove for $1.00 each. There is filtered water available from the sink in the Grove Space kitchen. Feel free to contribute beverages to the Grove!
The High Rite will take place outdoors in the sanctuary, weather permitting. Please dress for the weather (it may be rainy, it may be muddy in the Sanctuary from rains earlier in the week) and PLEASE bring mosquito spray (or use the ones available at the Grove). If you have a chair you’d like to sit in during the High Rite, we suggest bringing that too.
Children and Pets
Children are welcome to all CedarLight events, but small children must be attended at all times. We do not yet have children’s activities planned for this event.
Legitimate Service Animals are allowed. Pets however, are not. Thank you for understanding.
We are a non-smoking space indoors and in the Sanctuary. This includes vapes.
- Incense, Flowers, Herbs, Alcohol
- Written cards/notes in praise of your experiences at CedarLight Grove (to be burned in the ritual fire)
- Poetry, songs, bardic works in praise of your experiences at CedarLight Grove. (Note: you must notify ritual team before the rite begins if you would like to give such an offering)
Ritual team and attendees are encouraged to wear appropriate ritual garb if they wish. Floral headbands and fun colorful seasonal garb (think a brightly colored May Day fair) are appropriate.
PLEASE NOTE: We take oaths very seriously. Any oaths given as an offering MUST be cleared with the Senior Druid prior to the High Rite. Please see Sean-Paul upon arrival if you plan on giving an oath.
- Do not honor deities of different pantheons than those being honored at this rite
- PLEASE KEEP YOURSELF MUTED ON ZOOM unless you are giving an individual invocation as part of the liturgy or performing a praise offering. Group call and responses should remain muted unless otherwise requested by the Chief Liturgist. Attendees who continually disrupt the ritual with background noise because they are unmuted will be removed from the Zoom room.
- Offerings will be mainly given in silence as a group, but if you have something you wish to say, sing, or recite, let the Chief Liturgist know ahead of time so they can make time for your offering
- Do not declare any oaths during the rite without expressed permission from the Chief Liturgist well before the rite
If participants wish to hang out after the rite, the Zoom room will remain open for socializing. Feel free to bring dinner and make it a virtual potluck! We won’t even nag you about washing the dishes!
All CedarLight events have a suggested donation of $20 per person. This can be contributed to Dagda’s Cauldron either at the Grove, or online via paypal to firstname.lastname@example.org. All donations go towards CedarLight Center bills and upkeep.