Clean out your craft closets!
We will be hosting a Fabric Swap Meet and Giveaway for your extra fabric, beads, yarn, notions, etc. Sunday, 3/12/23 at 1:00-3:00 pm after Walk With the Old Ones at CedarLight Grove.
You do not have to bring anything to take items home!
Acceptable items include:
- Fabric, fur, and interfacing in lengths over 1/4 yard (“fat quarters” are fine)
- Ribbon, elastic, and trim (including spools) in lengths over 1 yard
- Yarn and crochet thread (does not have to be unopened, but whole skeins only please)
- Embroidery floss in original packaging
- Crochet hooks, knitting needles (pairs/sets only), embroidery hoops/frames, looms, and other supplies in good condition
- Whole, UNUSED embroidery and latch-hook kits
- How-to books and magazines in good condition
- Buttons, beads, charms, and jewelry making supplies (seed beads in original containers only)
- Whole spools of thread (labels intact)
- Sewing needles and pins in UNOPENED packages only
- Craft containers and other organizing equipment
Unacceptable items include:
- Fabric scraps or anything in unreasonably small quantities
- Paints, brushes, solvents, or glue
- Opened/loose pins or needles
- Items unrelated to sewing, jewelry making, needle-crafts, or weaving
- Dirty or damaged materials
All items must be clean, neatly folded/wound/organized, and in good working condition. PLEASE LABEL fabric, trims, etc. with measurements, fiber material content (if known), and whether it has been stored in a pet-friendly and/or smokers home. PLEASE LABEL sizes of crochet hooks, knitting needles, and other applicable supplies.
PLEASE TAKE ANY UNCLAIMED ITEMS HOME. All items left after the event will be considered abandoned and disposed. We do not have the capacity to store ‘leftovers’. Thank you for understanding.
Questions? Email aurora[at]cedarlightgrove.org